Friday, February 27, 2009

Anyone Else But You

Halooo!

I was watching Juno on Astro (again) today. It was (again) unmistakably AMAZING... but I guess those who've seen it already knows this. Those who haven't... please please PLEASE catch it on Astro. Even though quite abit of the dialogues were censored out, this doesn't totally damage the effect Juno's dialogues (and often monologues) has on the audience (me especially). Witty, funny, sarcastic... ahh... me likey.

But I'm not gonna write about Juno tonight. No, tonight, I'm gonna tell you about one of the most significant songs in the movie soundtrack. If you've seen the movie, you will notice that this is the song Juno and Bleeker sang at the end of the movie.. you know, at Bleeker's front steps? I absolutely LOVE this song, so much so that everytime I finish watching Juno, i feel like going online just to watch the song's videoclip on YouTube.

It has a catchy tone, simple acoustic guitar music, selamba-ish singing... and the lyrics will make you wanna laugh and feel the warm fuzzies all at once. Don't believe me? Here's the lyrics for ya:




The Moldy Peaches - Anyone Else but You


Kimya: You're a part time lover and a full time friend
The monkey on you're back is the latest trend
I don't see what anyone can see, in anyone else
But you

Adam: I kiss you on the brain in the shadow of a train
I kiss you all starry eyed, my body's swinging from side to side
I don't see what anyone can see, in anyone else
But you

Kimya: Here is the church and here is the steeple
We sure are cute for two ugly people
I don't see what anyone can see, in anyone else
But you

Adam: The pebbles forgive me, the trees forgive me
So why can't, you forgive me?
I don't see what anyone can see, in anyone else
But you

Kimya: I will find my nitch in your car
With my mp3 DVD rumple-packed guitar
I don't see what anyone can see, in anyone else
But you


Both:
Du du du du du du dudu
Du du du du du du dudu
Du du du du du du dudu du

Kimya: Up up down down left right left right B A start
Just because we use cheats doesn't mean we're not smart
I don't see what anyone can see, in anyone else
But you

Adam: You are always trying to keep it real
I'm in love with how you feel
I don't see what anyone can see, in anyone else
But you

Kimya: We both have shiny happy fits of rage
You want more fans, I want more stage
I don't see what anyone can see, in anyone else
But you

Adam: Don Quixote was a steel driving man. My name is Adam I'm your biggest fan
I don't see what anyone can see, in anyone else
But you

Kimya: Squinched up your face and did a dance
You shook a little turd out of the bottom of your pants
I don't see what anyone can see, in anyone else
But you

Both:
Du du du du du du dudu
Du du du du du du dudu
Du du du du du du dudu du
But you


Sweet? Funny? Wait till you hear the actual song itself... feel free to search for it on YouTube okie! After watching Juno at the movies for the first time, this song got stuck in my head like glue. I just couldnt stop playing it over and over! I know the lyrics may seem kinda juvenile and plain absurd, but somehow the message kinda comes through -- that no matter how weird or unappealing we are to the rest of the world, to your significant other, you mean the world. Despite the wacky delivery of the song... it is still, ultimately, a love song. An unconventional one, but a love song nonetheless.


But hey, that's just me... I like different. I find songs like these are like a breath of fresh air after all the Celine Dions and Brian McKnights... not that they're not nice though. But every once in a while a change would do all of us some good, right?


So overall.. i would have to give the Moldy Peaches' lovely song:


RaveFactor: 4.5/5 <--Almost! But as Juno would've said: It's still "Golden"... ;)

Sweet dream, my pretties!

7 comments:

  1. Hey babe...
    Got ur url from Sab's
    U've been tagged...check out my blog ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute song, no doubt.
    I like juvenile love, its so pure, so innocent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the song too! it's innocent, sweet & catchy at the same time :))

    waitin to read your review on Juno, want to know your take on it. I've seen this movie in download last year and I find the movie very unique, especially Juno. She is something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Owh... u want my thots on Juno? Hehe.. Ok i'll try to squeeze in a review for that as well as a Benjamin Button review that i've been trying to find time to blog about... huhu. Just been too pre-occupied lately.. I just noticed last night that I havent blogged since last month! Huhu...

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol no worries! if u can review, i'll read lah :)

    if u duwan, it's ok ^_^

    thanks very much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Haze!

    if u can review, I'll read it :)

    if can't it's ok, i thought it'll be interesting to listen to you on it. You wrote about the music very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well i'm glad u enjoyed it, dah-ling.. ;)

    ReplyDelete